There is no shortage...
of V60 recipes, tutorials, and techniques online in both written and video formats. It seems almost like a rite of passage, or at the very least a given for coffee YouTubers and bloggers these days. Since there are so many options out there, I guess I didn't feel like I needed to add another one. But after posting a small blurb about my hybrid V60 technique on my Instagram feed, there seemed to be a good amount of interest from ya'll, so I decided to put this video together.
I call it my hybrid V60 technique because over the past few years I've tried quite a few recipes and picked up a couple interesting tricks along the way. Using those tricks I've pieced together a V60 recipe that I've grown pretty fond of, and it's been my go-to for awhile now, and maybe it'll also become yours. So check out the video above for a quick breakdown of some of the finer points, and then follow the recipe directions down below for a sweet, sweet brew of your very own.
The Recipe/18g Coffee/288g water/1:16 Brew Ratio
- Fold and rinse your paper filter
- Pour coffee into the filter and Prepare the coffee bed using the Kubomi technique (see video for reference)
- [00:00 - 00:30] Pour 50 grams of water to bloom, and stir from the center out using a spiral
- [00:31 - 01:15] Pour in a circular pattern to reach 173 grams (including bloom)
- [01:16 - 02:30] Pour in the center matching pace of the brewed coffee from the bottom to 288 grams (see video for reference)
- [02:30 - 03:30] Swirl to flatten the bed and wait for the draw down to complete
Help keep the site ad free by becoming a Patreon member.